HOTTIE WEBSITE DESIGN
WEB DESIGN BASICS
HOW DO I BUY A WEBSITE?
Buy a website in 3 simple steps;
1. Choose the website that most appeals to you. You can view all available templates on the TEMPLATES page.
2. Click the BUY NOW payment link on the Templates page in order to make payment. This will automatically setup your hosting subscription too.
3. Upon successfully making payment you will be redirected to the DESIGN FORM. Completing the Design Form only takes about 5 minutes and this provides us with all of the information we need to begin work on your website.
I WANT A CUSTOM DESIGNED WEBSITE, WHAT'S THE PROCESS?
Please visit the CUSTOM WEBSITE DESIGN page for more information about how to get started.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BEGIN?
To keep within the 3 day setup timeframe you should have 3 things ready when you purchase your website;
1. Pictures: At least 6 high resolution (large) pictures.
2. Text: Decide what pages you want and prepare what you want to say on each page.
3. Domain name: Example: www.yoursite.com. You can purchase your domain name from a domain hosting website such as www.godaddy.com (recommended). It takes 2 minutes to buy a domain name and shouldn't cost more than $20 for 1 year.
Please note: The 3 day setup period is for you, not for us. There is no rush, so please take your time and send over your website content when you are ready. If you need to take a few weeks or longer to send over your web content, that is fine.
HOW QUICKLY WILL MY WEBSITE BE READY?
A template website will be fully setup and ready for business within 3 days of our receiving all of the required content from you. The required content is the Design Form, your page text and pictures. Custom designed websites are usually ready within 7-10 days depending on your feedback of the 1st draft.
HOW DO I EDIT MY WEBSITE?
Visit CLIENT SUPPORT to submit your website update. Website edits are made on average within 2-3 hours and always within 24 hours.
Note; We no longer provide CMS because it is not something we consider necessary for companion websites. When CMS was offered, the majority of our clients would still prefer to pay us to do their updates for them. As we no longer offer CMS, we now do these updates for clients for free. We run a much more efficent support system this way and can focus on doing what we do best: designing and maintaining outstanding websites. If you prioritise having a beautiful website (that can make you some serious bank) over being able to update a sentence yourself on your website once or twice a year, you will love our new system.
As far as adding new pictures to your website goes, clients with or without CMS would need to go through us anyway because most clients need their pictures watermarking or editing. Professional photos only need to be updated every 2-5 years and selfies etc can be posted as often as you like on your social media platforms (which will be linked to and promoted on your website).
To help you stay connected with your website viewers, our websites utilise third party services, for example;
YMLP Mailing Lists (for newsletters)
Wishlistr (for your wishlist/spoil page)
Google (for a schedule/calendar)
Instagram (for posting cute selfies)
All of these can be edited and updated by yourself, simply sign into these accounts, make the updates and the change will be automatically visible on your website (for example, in the case of your google calendar).
BILLING & PAYMENT
HOW MUCH DOES A WEBSITE COST?
A template website costs $395 (USD). A custom designed website costs $1200 (USD).
Your website hosting costs $39 p/m (when paid every 90 days) or $49 p/m (when paid every 30 days). Check pricing in your currency of choice here.
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS ARE ACCEPTED?
Template websites must be paid for online with your debit or credit card.
Custom designed websites can be paid for in 2 ways;
1. Bank transfer/wire: To be paid in full and in advance.
2. Online with a debit or credit card: The amount will be divided into 3 payments. The first payment in advance, the second upon completion of the 1st draft and the third payment will be due once the website is complete.
COMMON CLIENT QUESTIONS
CAN I HAVE MORE THAN ONE WEBSITE?
Absolutely! Many of our clients have more than one website and some have several.
CAN I TAKE MY WEBSITE DOWN FOR A PERIOD OF TIME WITHOUT LOSING IT?
Yes! So long as you have not cancelled your hosting subscription your website can be taken down temporarily for as long as is necessary. When you wish to resume using your website, just send an email to let us know.
HOW DO I UPDATE MY CARD DETAILS?
1) Visit: https://support.ccbill.com
2) Follow instructions under search/cancel a subscription. You will need your card number and the email address you used when making payment.
3) Click the link that says 'Click here to update card info'.
Note: You do not need to cancel your subscription in order to update your card details.
I RECEIVED AN EMAIL TELLING ME THAT MY HOSTING SUBSCRIPTION HAS FAILED TO REBILL, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Your hosting payment subscription will be automatically cancelled if a payment has failed to go through after a number of attempts. This just means that you need to set up your hosting subscription again. You can resubscribe online here.
If you have a question that has not been answered above please get in touch...